Formal Education and Training
- Degree in an engineering discipline or in science
- 7-8 years in project management, product management, engineering, production
Additional Knowledge Requirements
- Very good command of English, project management tools, MS Office
1. Technical Expert
- Acts as technical key contact for customers and sales teams in terms of products, product development or applications.
- Recommends and initiates necessary development measures for technology and product improvements.
- Maintains network with other experts inside and outside the company in accordance with the rules of SCHOTT’s Code of Conduct.
- Negotiates customer specifications at eye level.
- Acts as owner of the specifications for certain products.
- Handles inquiries concerning products and verifies technical feasibility.
- Clarifies technical questions with contacts in Technical Centers, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing.
- Proposes solutions and provides cost estimations for quotations.
- Conducts technical negotiations with customers under consideration of the economic objectives of the respective product.
- Approves internal and external changes in product specifications and / or production processes, materials, and suppliers.
- Leads or participates in projects on the basis of customer inquiries.
- Conducts competition analyses, including benchmarking of products and technologies.
3. Supporting Tasks
- Provides technical information for communication and training purposes and keeps them up to date.
- Trains sales teams concerning new products, applications and technologies.
- Coordinates the production of prototypes for customers and trade shows.
- Supports Quality Department in solving internal and external complaints.
- Supports global or regional product strategy.
- Supports the SBF in the definition of the product roadmap; submits suggestions for the annual R&D planning.