COMPANY: SCHOTT Advanced Optics (Duryea, PA) is a leading manufacturer of optical glasses, special materials, ultra-thin glass, high-precision optical components, wafers, optical filter glasses, and ZERODUR®. With a portfolio of over 120 glasses, SCHOTT Advanced Optics offers a broad range of cutting-edge components and materials for applications in optics, astronomy, opto-electronics, augmented reality, life sciences, and research.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or MS Degree (preferred) in Business, Engineering or related field
- Experience (3+ years) of sales or marketing experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting)
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated communication skills (written / oral) including the ability to read/speak English
- Ability and willingness to travel (35-50%) domestically and/or internationally
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, matrix structured organization
SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES: This Jr Sales Manager is expected (but not limited) to…
- Planning - Prepares yearly sales/turnover forecasts in corporation with Sales Offices (SO) and Delegate Offices (DO) for the delegated customers/countries/products. Presents these figures to supervisor for approval.
- Planning - Analyzes monthly control reports (turnover and work orders) and compares actual figures to plan. Initiates corrective measures in accordance with supervisor.
- Strategy Development/Concepts - Collects market data for the markets within his/her area of responsibility, e.g., customer information, data of competitors) and evaluates these data.
- Strategy Development/Concepts - Evaluates chances for sale, develops in accordance with supervisor, and/or the managers of the SOs/DOs goals and measures to achieve the goals (customer concepts, country concepts), considering the chances and risks of the diverse markets.
- Strategy Development/Concepts - Prepares suggestions concerning price and product policy.
- Sales Management - Checks possibilities for the realization of requests/wishes from customers.
- Sales Management - Prepares sales offers for the customers and ensures their correct and timely execution.
- Sales Management - Conducts sales negotiations with customers, SO’s/DO's.
- Sales Management - Advises customers in technical questions, together with competent partners in the technical organization, as required.
- Sales Management - Checks and fulfills customer requests, prepares sales offers and watches further steps.
- Sales Management - Negotiates on prices within delegated authority.
- Customer Care - Regularly conducts customer visits and discussions, in order to get information or to discuss customers’ wishes, questions, contracts, delivery and sales conditions, etc. for series of products or special orders.
- Customer Care - Advises customers concerning the utilization of products.
- Customer Care - Proposes new products to customers and supports customers in the development and introduction of new products
- Customer Care - Supports customers with training measures, presentations, and advice on marketing measures concerning the sales of new products. In case of reclamations/rejects, decides about the correct measures to be taken.