Manufacturing Engineer | MKS Instruments
All Candidates Welcome
POC: Krista McEuen email@example.com
Schedule an interview
- time type - Full time
- posted on - Posted 30+ Days Ago
- job requisition id - R6411
Spectra-Physics, Ophir, Newport and ESI are brands within the MKS Instruments Photonics Solutions division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, temperature sensing, opto-mechanical components, optical elements, and systems for flexible PCB laser processing, high-speed MLCC testing, and CO2-laser-based systems HDI PCB and IC substrate manufacturing. MKS Photonics Solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, advanced electronics and specialty industrial markets.
We are looking for an exceptional Manufacturing Engineer to provide overall engineering support for optical fabrication. The role will emphasize "hands on" process development and process improvement.
What you will do is:
- Develop, evaluate, improve and monitor manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities.
- Apply lessons-learned and develop standardized design and process criteria across all product lines.
- Reduce product performance dependency on technician skills by continuously improving documentation, processes, tools and test equipment. Maintain/implement lean manufacturing principles to optimize resources.
- Decrease cost of poor quality by implementing statistical process control tools and monitoring and analyzing the results regularly. When possible, automate data acquisition and reporting by writing computer programs.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, reviews and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion of designs to manufacturing processes and metrology/test as part of the NPI process.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
What will you bring to the team, along with your passion for manufacturing engineering:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Optical Engineering, or equivalent, required.
- 2+ years’ experience in product manufacturing, optics preferred.
- A combination of higher degree with lesser experience will also be considered
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with some combination of the following: Specifying and troubleshooting of hardware and test equipment., Creating manufacturing methods and procedures, Manufacturing quality (SPC, xFMEA, 8D), CNC generating, grinding, polishing, CNC machining, bonding and contacting, optical assemblies, optical metrology, Product development, NPI process, CAD programs (SolidWorks, Zemax), Programming languages (LabView, VB, C++, etc…)
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Pay Range: 59,500 to 169,650 per year. This range is a good faith estimate of the expected salary range for this position, based on a wide range of factors including qualifications, experience and training, operational and business needs and other considerations permitted by law. At MKS, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for the role.
Bonus: This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, in an amount to be determined by MKS [or as applicable].
Benefits: MKS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) with company match, life and disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, sick time, 15 paid vacation days, [6 weeks fully paid] parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement [and for participation in any stock programs, signing bonus, etc.].
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
MKS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact us at: accommodationsatMKS@mksinst.com .
If applying for a specific job, please include the requisition number (ex: RXXXX), the title and location of the role