Engineering background, Microsoft Office, excellent communication & presentation skills. Lean knowledge. Proficiency in measurement equipment and techniques including autocollimators, interferometers, profilometers. Exceptional technical expertise and collaborative people skills.
The Optical Manufacturing Engineer will support existing optical element manufacturing while also pursuing new business opportunities.
- Design and sustain manufacturing processes for fabrication of optical elements such as prisms, mirrors, and complex optical assemblies involving optical coatings and bonding and train others to successfully operate these manufacturing processes. Examples of processes used in this fabrication include: precision machining using CNCs, shaping, chemical etching of glass, lapping, and polishing of glass elements
- Develop processes (i.e. materials, tools, fixtures, chemistry, process parameters, process controls) to achieve final requirements on optical parts-requirements which would include precise dimension controls, angles, flatness, roughness, radius controls, surface quality, etc.
- Lead teams in RCCA investigations as well as instilling innovative behaviors. The ability to be strongly engaged in a collaborative team (engineers, supervision, operators, management) in a manufacturing environment, is essential
- Perform technical planning, estimating, process design, process verification/validation. Provide clear written documentation of process details and transition new processes to manufacturing personnel
- Designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to develop novel and innovative solutions
- Conduct research and development into cutting edge optical fabrication processes (i.e. polishing pad technology, slurry development, tool design, coolant chemistries, etching procedures, etc.)
- Interface with customers and management, briefing analytical results and approaches
- Develop test plans and perform testing of advanced optics
- Document designs, analyses and test results and present to key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned