Optical Metrology Test Engineer | Optimax
Optical Metrology Test Engineer
Ontario, NY, US
17 days ago
Requisition ID: 1312
Optical Metrology Test Engineer
Exempt Role, Minimum 40 hrs/week (Monday – Friday)
A unique corporate culture combined with a dynamic work environment
Optimax has lenses throughout the Universe! We build the optics behind the latest breakthrough technologies in aerospace, defense, and consumer electronics, leveraging our optics manufacturing technology for programs that benefit mankind and projects that defend our freedom. Our unique corporate culture of teamwork, innovation, and agility provides a dynamic work environment. We are looking for individuals that are committed to lifelong learning and creating value through their hard work.
Job Summary and Essential Job Duties
This position will define, design, and develop optical metrology solutions. This person would be working with a team of engineers in one of the fastest growing and technically challenging parts of the business.
Through on the Job Training and utilization of prior experience, the Optical Metrology Test Engineer will:
- Define, design, and develop optical metrology solutions including hardware engineering, analysis software, and instrument qualification, including the actual specification, error budgets, manufacturing, and qualification, testing, and training of products
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to plan work flow, adhering to customer-established timelines while meeting real cost and delivery requirements
- Interface with customers
- Develop test documentation for internal use and compose test plans that meet customer requirements
- Help multi-discipline teams solve complex problems, and report results verbally and in writing
- Troubleshooting recurring, systematic instrument readiness or use issues
- Uncertainty analysis of interferometric and tactile testing, producing customer-accepted documentation
- Explore novel optical metrology technologies and work with suppliers on prototype development
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum BS in Optical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience or advanced degree in Optical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline
- Hands-on experience in optical metrology development from concept to system validation
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of imaging optics, image quality metrics, optical metrology, and characterization
- Experience in opto-mechanical design, simulation and analysis tools like SolidWorks, NX, Zemax, and Code V, MATLAB, LabVIEW and programming languages like Python
- Statistics background preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Optimax Systems offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. Some of the Optimax benefits include: Bonus – 25% Monthly Profit Sharing, Advanced Tuition Assistance, Health Insurance, Health Savings Account Employer Match, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and a 401(k) plan.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level can vary from quiet to loud frequencies.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- May require area specific safety training
(EEO) Optimax Systems, Inc. must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of the ITAR, Optimax must limit employment opportunities to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. Optimax is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Optimax will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.