Process Engineer Intern - Summer 2023 | Applied Materials
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ALL Candidates Welcome
POC and to Request an Interview: Olufemi Fagbure Olufemi_Fagbure@amat.com
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ CTO Engineered Optics Department is searching for an intern to join our team in 2023! The CTO Engineered Optics team collaborates through many cross-function teams to create new optical solutions through materials science and technology.
The position will entail the following:
- Design experiments, perform experiments, and analyze data with statistics and compile reports with high level conclusions on technically challenging process engineering experiments
- Assist with laboratory demonstrations including; tool preparation, processing wafers, measuring wafers, and summarizing data, and planning next experiments.
- Lead development projects collaborating with hardware, software, and wafer metrology teams.
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform root cause analysis, and resolve the issues to meet customer requirements.
- Support process engineering through procurement, shipping, and inventory functions
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Materials, Chemistry Engineering, or a related field
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Experience in cleanroom environment is preferred.
- Experience of ALD, CVD, and/or PVD film deposition is preferred.
- Quick learner with high responsibilities
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.