Supply Chain Project Manager, New Product Introduction (NPI) | MKS Instruments
All Candidates Welcome
POC: Krista McEuen email@example.com
Schedule an interview
- time type - Full time
- posted on - Posted 30+ Days Ago
- job requisition id - R6506
MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at www.mks.com.
We are looking for an exceptional Supply Chain Project Manager, New Product Introduction (NPI) who brings optical fabrication or optical assembly, specifically lens manufacturing experience, to help manage a global set of new product introduction initiatives aligned with strategic category plans and company goals. You will have responsibility for the full supply chain scope of NPI projects. How you will achieve this:
- Identify and allocate resources across the supply chain to support critical NPI projects amongst the business unit
- Coordinate and manage NPI sourcing activities (RFQ) with engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, program management, and suppliers to ensure the supply chain is ahead of requirements to meet deadlines
- Drive new product introduction to align with global supply chain category plans and business unit objectives
- Collaborate with engineering, cross-functional teams, and other project resources in planning, developing, optimizing, and executing the project sourcing strategy including target costs, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), schedules, and other assigned project deliverables
- Play a major role in determining target costs with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for products and components utilizing should cost modeling and other target costing methods. Perform cost structure analysis, identify cost drivers and areas for cost improvement
- Support engineering on NPI supplier and material selection with a standard procurement approach (quality, total cost, delivery time, innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardization)
What will you bring to the team, along with your creativity and leadership is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Optical Engineering or relevant technical optics industry experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in optical fabrication, opto-mechanical assemblies, or related experience with optical or photonic component solutions
- Knowledge of sourcing for Optics/Photonic products preferred
- 8+ years of Project Management, Supply Chain Management, or relevant project or product management experience. PMP certified preferred
- Experience and the aptitude to quickly understand drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to articulate a comprehensive vision and project plan across functions.
- Flexibility to travel globally 20% of the time
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Pay Range: 91,350 to 169,650 per year. This range is a good faith estimate of the expected salary range for this position, based on a wide range of factors including qualifications, experience and training, operational and business needs and other considerations permitted by law. At MKS, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for the role.
Bonus: This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, in an amount to be determined by MKS [or as applicable].
Benefits: MKS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) with company match, life and disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, sick time, 15 paid vacation days, [6 weeks fully paid] parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement [and for participation in any stock programs, signing bonus, etc.].
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
MKS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact us at: accommodationsatMKS@mksinst.com .
If applying for a specific job, please include the requisition number (ex: RXXXX), the title and location of the role