Irvine, FL & Lake Mary, FL
MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at www.mks.com.
Newport, Spectra-Physics, and Ophir are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
Graduate Student Program Overview-
- 12 week summer internship program for advanced degree students in Master’s or PhD programs. This program will provide students a comprehensive and engaging experience from before your program starts to after the program ends.
- Intern specific onboarding and orientation experience
- Meaningful work and project assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers and executives
- Global project experience while working with an intern cohort
- Exposure to different divisions of the business
- Understanding of MKS Instruments’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our Inside Sales team is a diverse group of optical, electrical, and mechanical engineers and scientists who engage with the broadest range of customers imaginable – every day we learn something new by helping our customers solve challenging optics and photonics problems and develop technology to improve the human condition and make the world a better and safer place. We are often the first to interact with a customer that has visited our website or called our 800 number, making us a key technical resource to support new sales or answer questions related to a product they already own. If you have a passion for selling, learning new technology, providing best-in-class technical support and a great customer experience, we invite you to join us as a Summer Intern.
We are looking for an exceptional person who…
- Has the curiosity to learn our products, processes, and customer applications
- Will work with their sponsor to develop a suitable three-month (duration of internship) program supporting the Inside Sales team. Possible activities include, but are not limited to, responding to customer inquiries and participating in customer calls; developing dashboards, metrics, and reports to help the inside sales team be more effective and improve our customers’ experience; and building business cases to help our Technical Account Managers more effectively bring value to their accounts
In addition to your enthusiasm and creativity, you will bring to our team:
- An MS or PhD student studying Optics, Photonics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field with expected completion in December 2023 or May 2024
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated consultative and collaborative skills to partner and consult with our sales and product teams
- Demonstrated initiative, resiliency, flexibility, time-management, and organizational skills
- Proficient computer, software, and data analysis skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent programs
- Qualified candidates should be US Persons
- Relocation and temporary housing benefits may be available for this position
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
As MKS is a federal contractor, it must comply with the Biden Administration’s federal contractor COVID-19 vaccine mandate if it is reinstated by the courts. Should you receive and accept an offer of employment, you will be asked about your vaccination status. Vaccination is not required at this time to start employment. However, in the event MKS must enforce a mandatory vaccination policy in the future, MKS will not be able to continue to employ workers who choose to remain unvaccinated without an approved medical or religious exemption.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.