Location: Cupertino, CA
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an extraordinary Camera Image Quality Engineer with responsibilities for ongoing evaluation, benchmarking and characterization of Apple camera products.
- Deep understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
- Possess strong Matlab programming skills on digital image processing and data analysis
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Strong knowledge of Image Sensor operation and tuning
- Good knowledge of geometrical optics;
- Have some knowledge of megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, lens selection and qualification, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, and be familiar with imaging algorithms.
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis
- Familiarity with camera components and functions
- Support design team through iterative testing and ongoing support from early prototype to product launch.
- Developing and performing lab type testing and software for camera evaluation
- Development of imager test techniques
- Optimization in imager sensor settings
- Optimization of ISPs
- Design and support of production line testing setups
- Performing testing and data analysis on benchmark products
- Will deliver executive level presentations of results