Requisition ID: R10051175
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Our Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) organization provides complex subsystems and defense electronics. This position can be hired as either a Systems Engineer, or Principal Systems Engineer, depending on qualifications and years of experience. This position is located at our Rolling Meadows, IL location. This opportunity is available in the Modeling & Simulation discipline in SEIT. Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Software development of physics-based in-house models and algorithms
- Perform analysis and trades of product line architectures using analytical models and mission level simulations
- Functional algorithm development
- Authoring technical documentation such as white papers, proposal technical volumes, program milestone briefings (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR,…), systems engineering design documentation
- Presenting technical analysis to multiple stakeholders
- Creating and refining Model Based Systems Engineering Products (System behavioral models, Use Case realizations, State Machines, etc.)
In addition, the ideal candidate has recent experience in the fields of either EOIR, RF systems, or both. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following specialties.
- Advanced knowledge and recent experience in one or more of the following areas: EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, lasers, LiDAR, optics, visible and IR cameras, focal plane arrays.
- Real-time signal processing
- Requirements analysis and allocation as related to Systems Engineering
As part of the SEIT team, a Modeling & Simulation Engineer is exposed to the full life-cycle of Systems Engineering process and coordinates across many disciplines to ensure that the system is modeled with sufficient fidelity. In the early stages of programs, modeling & simulation is leveraged to understand system CONOPs, inform system architecture, and perform trades. In the later stages as the design matures, field test data is used to verify and validate the models and ensure the payload models are representative of actual performance.
Additional $10k sign-on bonus for selected candidates who possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance, and an additional $5k sign-on bonuses to selected candidates who possess an active Polygraph.
- For Systems Engineer, BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical degree with 2+ years (or MS with 0 years) related experience
- For Principal Systems Engineer, BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical degree with 5+ years (or MS with 3+ years, or PhD with 0 years) related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
- Proficient with Matlab, Anaconda, or similar scientific computing environments
- Basic understanding of orbital mechanics
- Must have the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance with SCI level access
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty areas related to EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, lasers, LiDAR, optics, visible and IR cameras, focal plane arrays.
- Experience with orbital mechanics, dynamics and controls, orbit determination
- Knowledgeable in orbit planning for LEO, GEO and cislunar regimes
- Knowledgeable in the use of COTS tools such as AGI’s Systems Tool Kit (STK) and Orbital Determination Tool Kit (ODTK)
- Advanced proficiency with Matlab, Anaconda, or similar scientific computing environment
- Experience with ray-tracing image simulation tools
- Full life cycle experience developing, integrating, and deploying space systems
- Model Based Systems Engineering experience, especially in Cameo
- Agile development experience, including use of Atlassian products
- Experience with working early stages of programs (RFI, RFP responses)
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI and polygraph
Salary Range: $78,600 USD - $118,000 USD
Salary Range 2: $96,900 USD - $145,300 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.