We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an Optical Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development.
- You will have 5+ years experience in the area of lens design and integration
- Experience in lens design, tolerance analysis
- Proficiency in Zemax, CodeV, LightTools
- Proficiency in Matlab, Matlab communication with Zemax / CodeV and LightTools as well as Matlab app designer is a must have
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ is a nice to have
- Ability to bring up extensive optical system simulations to drive cross-functional design decisions
Design new and innovative simulation tools to improve optical systems performance assessment
Complete analysis of the optical system’s influence on the image quality characteristics of the camera module
Work closely with system and product design teams to assess and improve camera integration strategy
MS or PhD degree in Optics, Physics, or equivalent work experience