Do something different! Apple is seeking an enthusiastic engineer to lead overall investigation on advanced optical coatings to support Imaging, Sensing, and Display roadmap development and integration of Apple’s phenomenal products. You will work with both suppliers and internal diverse cross-functional teams at Apple to shape the imaging, sensing, and display related technologies that go into Apple products.
The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, material engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Identify areas where optical coatings can improve imaging, sensing, and display performance and customer experience, then design solutions to execute.
- Identify technologies that potentially enable desired optical coating performance
- Take total ownership to drive technologies from R&D to implementation on real products with cross functional teams
- Strong technical background in optics, thin films, or materials
- In-depth knowledge of thin film optical design, coating process, optical characterization, or surface chemistry.
- Knowledgeable of thin film deposition and metrology methods (ex. PVD, CVD, wet processing, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM, XRD)
- Creativity and out-of-box thinking in solving problems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a cross-functional team
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15%.
- Hands-on experience and proven track record in relevant areas in optical coating industry, advanced process technology development, and associated equipment
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors
- 3+ years of professional work experience in related field
MS or PhD in Optics, Engineering Physics, Material Science, Physics or equivalent.