Optical Engineer Internship (OLED-Displays)
Apple is looking for an Optical Engineer Intern to develop the new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will make major contributions to innovative display concepts and architectures on the cutting-edge of technology.
Major responsibilities include:
- Explore the potential application for flat panel display technologies (e.g. OLED, LCD, etc) enabled by advanced micro- and nano-structures with dielectric coatings.
- Build optical models of micro/nano-structures with dielectric coatings to predict display optical properties (scattering behavior, reflective color, image quality, etc).
- Conduct optical measurements (e.g. Interferometers, optical microscope, spectrometers, cameras/detectors, etc) to understand component and system performance
- Work with a cross-functional team and external vendors on prototyping and system integration.
Requirements on the candidate:
- Exceptional modeling and hands-on experience in one of the following areas: wave optics, micro/nano optics, and/or optical holography
- In-depth understanding of wave optics modeling such as FDTD, RCWA or FEM with proven track of modeling skills
- Experience of thin film modeling with transfer matrix method (TMM) is strongly desired
- Hands-on experience in optical device characterization and building optical instruments
- Expert knowledge in scientific programming, signal processing and data analysis such as Matlab, Python, etc.
- Excellent self-motivation, written and verbal communication skills with proactive attitude and team-working spirit.
- Knowledge of thin film physics, optical coatings and colorimetry/radiometry is desired
- Currently pursing Ph.D. or M.S. in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE.