Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a team of engineers to design, build, and test custom multi-spectral high-resolution optical systems.
- Collaborate within the broader Optical Engineering department to incorporate optical modeling and design into optical integration and test, maturing new optical sensor payloads from concept through fabrication.
- Develop tools and procedures for Optical Design, Analysis, Integration, and Test.
- Work concurrently with other engineering disciplines to develop optical and system requirements.
- Design optical systems to meet customer requirements by working directly with external and/or internal customers.
- Align, assemble, and perform optical metrology tasks in the Optics Lab.
- Provide Optical Engineering expertise to support manufacturing tasks and issues.
- Optical design codes (Zemax, Code V, etc.) and/or
- Mathematical analysis codes (Matlab, Mathematica, MathCad, etc.) and/or
- Optical Metrology (Interferometers, image quality metrics, alignment and test techniques, Labview, etc.).
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Located onsite in Santa Rosa, California