Optics/Photonics Software Intern | Synopsys
USA - California - Pasadena
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys Optical Solutions Group (OSG) has an opening for a Technical Intern position in Software Development. CODE V and LightTools use state-of-the-art optical algorithms for the layout, design and analysis of image forming and Illumination optical systems. The RSoft Photonic Device Tools comprise the industry's widest portfolio of simulators and optimizers for passive and active photonic devices, and are integrated with Synopsys CODE V and LightTools for rigorous modeling of nano-textured optical structures and diffraction analysis.
We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, enthusiastic about working with multiple software subsystems for support RSoft Photonics Device Tools, CODE V or LightTools and has a strong commitment to delivering excellent software on schedule. As a member of the Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping full life cycle of OSG software development.
- Working closely with cross-functional software product teams on Developing robust and flexible software architecture and designs, delivering high quality code
- Performing and assisting in QA & testing Optical and Photonic software products
- Providing technical information to assist in the development of product documentation, authoring and participating in software design and code reviews
- Working closely with Technical Support to provide quick turnaround, high quality support to customers Required
- 2+ years of optical systems modeling, analysis, and design experience using commercial optical or photonic design tools in an academic or professional environment with excellent references
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. degree in Optics, Photonics, Optical Sciences, or other related technical discipline
- Strong software programming skills and proven programming experience with engineering projects
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate highly technical information to others in the company
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Object-oriented Programming Experience
- C++ programming experience
- Optical Design Experience with RSoft Device, CODE V, LightTools or other software tools in the related fields
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft COM Programming
- Software processes such as Agile or Lean S/W Dev.
Synopsys OSG is a world class, high tech optical software and optical engineering services organization with an international client base and offices worldwide. This position is for the successful candidate to start in May 2023 working either On-site in one of the Synopsys OSG office sites in the U.S. (Pasadena, CA, Marlborough, MA, Ossining, NY) or remotely in the U.S
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.