Location: Tucson, AZ
US Citizens Only
POC and to request an interview – Tania Desormiers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Help us write the next 120 years at Belden
Belong to a team of innovative thinkers who Believe in the unlimited potential of a more connected, safer, better world, where you are empowered to Be You each day, bringing your best self to your work to make an impact and create the solutions of tomorrow.
Wherever you are in your career path, you can flourish at Belden. Here, you’ll experience an environment of support, ongoing professional development, and freedom to explore what’s possible. Take on challenges you’ve always wanted to tackle but never dreamed you’d have the opportunity. Experience innovation in new ways. Participate in major technological advancements in connectivity, security and data transformation – advancements that impact the world.
As product development engineer, you will be responsible for the design of cable products working in close collaboration with other fiber, connectivity, and solutions engineering teams globally, as well as different manufacturing facilities. You will be involved in the definition of product requirements and lead product development and qualification until commercialization. This is position will be based in Tucson, AZ. Travel is expected to be 25% or less.
- Design and develop cable products to customer defined, or market requirements consistent with manufacturing capabilities and lowest cost.
- Will be assigned supporting roles on large projects or several small projects.
- Meet development project deliverables while respecting deadlines.
- Design and develop innovative cabling solutions using basic design regulations.
- Support experimental trials on cable extrusion lines.
- Qualify and validate frozen designs through usage of our testing lab.
- Run data analysis, document concise data reports and present technical results to stakeholders.
- Provide product structure details, technical data sheets, drawings, and other product related data.
- Work with manufacturing to identify design improvements that increase product value by lower scrap, increased throughput, or lower standard cost.
- Travel to multiple manufacturing locations to support local teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Technical College degree in mechanical, optical, or electrical engineering degree with knowledge of material science.
- Team player capable of working with other engineers and other departments.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Presentations, planning, and documentation using Microsoft office applications and other digital tools.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of optical fiber.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in engineering.
- Experience in plastics extrusion.
- Experience in 3D CAD and simulation on Solidworks software.
- Proficient in Spanish.
As part of the Belden team, you can walk down any street in the world, attend a major sporting event, hop on a train, log into a reliable internet connection, watch TV, or look up to the sky and think: my company and I made that happen. 8,500 Belden associates worldwide share this story of pride, vision for innovation and passion for what’s next. This can be your story too.
For more information about what it’s like being a part of Belden, click here: https://www.belden.com/about/careers