Program Analyst | Edmund Optics
Program analysts facilitate program agendas through the maintenance and analysis of the integrated master plan (IMP), its associated integrated master schedule (IMS), the work breakdown structure (WBS), and program financials. They support project and program managers through all phases of a program by accounting for changes in schedule and scope, investigating issues, and analyzing key metrics. Program analysts use their exceptional organizational and communication skills to report on a variety of program performance metrics.
- Support the development of the integrated master plan based on customer needs, technical specifications, and applicable constraints
- Support the development of a detailed and complete work breakdown structure
- Prepare the program integrated master schedule to account for all program-related activities
- Continually update the schedule throughout the program’s lifecycle to account for any contractual and/or programmatic changes to maintain accuracy
- Identify risks to the program schedule using earned value and critical path methodologies and recommend adjustments as necessary
- Communicate schedule status, baseline maintenance, critical path analysis, and schedule variance analysis to key stakeholders including customers and senior management
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to produce accurate operating budget estimations
- Maintain program financials by accounting for resource allocation
- Report on program operating budget including revenues and expenditures to upper management
- Work with suppliers to provide material cost estimates
- Identify issues regarding logistics, supply-chain delays, repair cycles, and materials returns at the direction of program management
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings and customer visits as necessary
- Collaborate with the program manager and quality engineers to ensure documentation is properly maintained
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of the product development life cycle
- Prior work experience maintaining and analyzing schedule data
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Project and Visio
- Good communication skills for the documentation and presentation of designs, plans, and procedures
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well across different teams, disciplines, and cultures
- Associates degree in engineering technologies, finance, and/or accounting preferred
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions provided that such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on EO. Any employee who believes they require reasonable accommodations should notify EO’s Human Resources department.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Think you meet some of the requirements but not all? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs for which they do not meet every qualification. If you see a role that interests you, we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether or not your experience is completely aligned with the job description. Edmund Optics is committed to becoming the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace within the Optics and Photonics Industry and beyond. You may be a great candidate for this role or others within Edmund Optics.