Edmund Optics, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and sale of precision optics and optical components for over 80 years is hiring! As a global, family-owned company, employees are key to our success. Our culture is at the heart of everything we do, and the company’s Core Values demonstrate our commitment to act as one family, do what is best for the customer, drive innovation through continuous improvement, and to be proud of what we do. As we work to continue to be technological leaders in the industry, we seek those who are prepared to learn, engage, grow, and enable the future through optics.
A Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing a portfolio of projects within Edmund Optics. These projects will typically involve the development of multi-element optical assemblies with a variety of design, manufacturing, and testing considerations. Project Managers develop and manage all aspects of project engagement as well as monitor, track, and adjust outcomes to ensure those projects are proceeding as planned. They work closely with a variety of internal departments and the customer to define design and testing specifications. They coordinate activities across global facilities from initiation to full production deployment. In addition, they support the growth of the project management group by implementing organizational improvements and training less experienced colleagues.
This position is being filled in either our Advanced Assembly site in Tucson Arizona or our Corporate Headquarters in Barrington New Jersey
- Manage a portfolio of multiple assigned projects that span one or multiple business lines
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, customer relationships, communications, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Full project life cycle support: successful project delivery will include supporting implementation from initiation to production
- Define the statement of work, specifications, and test requiremenets by directly interfacing with product line management, business line leads, or external customer
- Ensure the projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Monitor, track, and adjust outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables
- Head project meetings and provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, to customers and management
- Support in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and trainings to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Support in the training of new and less experienced team members
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Strong understanding of project management principles, methods, and techniques
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Read and understand assembly drawings, blueprints, work orders, and work instructions
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment and fast-growing team
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers and various levels of technical staff
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- PC skills: Excel, Word, Project & familiarity with mechanical and optical design software
- 5+ years previous experience or equivalent in project management
- Minimum BS in Optics, Engineering or related field
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in office setting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.