Signal Processing Engineer II - New Master's Degree | Raytheon
Location Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
Raytheon Technologies Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Job Type Full time Onsite
Job ID: 01574215
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $10k Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Job Summary: As an Entry-Level Signal Processing Engineer II, you will participate in challenging, multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of Signal Processing, Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), and missile-and-sensor-level Performance Simulations.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• You will work with high-fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and MATLAB to develop, prototype, and test RF and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithms and models.
• You will conduct performance trade-offs and sensitivity analyses for RF and/or EO/IR applications.
• You will participate in production and engineering lab test environments and field test environments to test, verify, and validate RF and/or EO/IR models and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance.
• You will collaborate as a team member in all phases of product development from program start to live-fire testing, providing engineering expertise by participating in project design reviews and peer reviews with colleagues, internal leaders, and external customers.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). For example, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related.
• In undergraduate coursework, must have completed or currently be registered for at least two classes in Signal Processing / Image Processing (e.g., Signals & Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Signal Analysis, Image Processing, Digital Image Processing, Image Analysis, or equivalent).
• Experience programming in C, or object-oriented programming experience in C++, Java, or Python.
• Experience with MATLAB or Python for data analysis.
• This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Professional internships, capstone/senior project, or academic research that provides experience applying signal processing techniques to RF and/or EO/IR data, and working with RF and/or EO/IR environment models.
• Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
• Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations.
• Experience with hardware/software integration.
• Effective communication and organization skills.
• Current/Active DoD security clearance or SSBI.
• ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures.
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Additional Details: Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Location Information: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.