USA - California - Pasadena
Job Description and Requirements
As an intern at Synopsys, you will gain hands-on experience while working alongside industry professionals. You will develop and refine skills relevant to your major and future career by contributing to high-impact business projects. The Synopsys intern program integrates our interns into the culture with career opportunities upon graduation.
This summer internship is full-time (40 hours/week) beginning May/June 2023 and will last three months.
Synopsys Optical Solutions Group (OSG) has an opening for a Technical Intern position in Software Development. CODE V and LightTools use state-of-the-art optical algorithms for the layout and design of image forming and Illumination optical systems. We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, enthusiastic about working with multiple software subsystems and materials for support of CODE V or LightTools customers and has a commitment to delivering excellent software on schedule.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping full life cycle of OSG software development.
The candidate’s key responsibilities include:
- Developing robust and flexible software architecture and designs, delivering high quality code
- Performing and assisting in QA & testing software products
- Providing technical information to assist in the development of product documentation, authoring and participating in software design and code reviews
- Working closely with Technical Support to provide quick turnaround, high quality support to customer
- 2+ years of optical systems modeling and design experience using commercial optical design tools in an academic or professional environment with excellent references
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. degree in Optics, Optical Sciences, or other related technical discipline
- Sound software programming skills and proven programming experience with engineering projects
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate highly technical information to others in the company
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Object-oriented Programming Experience
- CODE V Macro+ and/or LightTools COM macro development
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft COM Programming
- Software processes such as Agile or Lean S/W Dev
- Statistical methods or random number theory
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.