InterOptics, LLC is a new optical metrology instrumentation company based in Tucson, AZ. We develop and manufacture value-engineered high-precision interferometric equipment for research and production. The optimization of coherence properties and optical design, together with robust mechanical engineering, enable us to provide next-generation optical interferometers with exceptionally low measurement noise.
We are looking for a highly qualiﬁed optical and systems engineer who can apply fundamental knowledge of optical principles and proven design solutions to the development and support of leading-edge optical metrology systems.
- Optical design using lens design software and modeling
- Practical system design for high-end products
- Support of opto-mechanical design
- Speciﬁcation and vendor interaction for special optical components
- Hands-on lab work for testing and veriﬁcation of new designs
- Manufacturing support and trouble-shooting
Requirements and qualiﬁcations:
- PhD in optical sciences/engineering or related ﬁeld, or MS degree with 5 years of professional experience
- Good analytical skills and mathematical understanding
- Hands-on experience in the optics lab
- Experience with Zemax optical design software
- Experience with mathematical software such as Matlab/Octave or Scipy/Numpy
- Experience in C++ and C# would be plus
- Ability to work self-directed as well as in a team
- Good communication skills and experience with MS Oﬃce applications
This position is a regular full-time position. InterOptics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, oﬀering competitive salaries, health and dental beneﬁts, and paid time oﬀ. It covers all aspects of optical product development, and oﬀers opportunities for professional growth and career advancement, possibly leading to a role as principal optics and system design engineer.
Send inquiries or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org