- locations: Fort Worth, Texas
- time type: Full time
- posted on: Posted 2 Days Ago
- job requisition id: R-2022-19217
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon has built a rich history of providing innovative products to customers and patients all over the world. We’re extremely proud of our legacy and the significant way we’ve helped to shape the industry over the last 70 years, but we’re just getting started. Our relentless passion to eliminate unmet medical needs drives our pursuit to further advance eye health worldwide. We’re looking for exceptionally talented, driven people who want to make a difference. If you’d like to help us change the way the world sees, this is your chance to Be Brilliant!
Alcon’s Metrology & Automation team is seeking a summer intern to collaborate in the development of systems to measure optical performance of intraocular lenses. Responsibilities may include:
- Working in hands-on environment, assemble and test system components in laboratory and clean environment conditions.
- Designing and analyzing components and sub-systems with team member oversight
- Prepare technical reports to document laboratory results, present results to team members
- Completing engineering analysis, component design, assembly and troubleshooting of components in laboratory environment
The ideal candidate is proactive, resourceful, and not afraid to speak up when they have questions or ideas!
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college for at least one semester prior to internship or co-op, and at least one additional semester following internship or co-op.
- Must be pursuing at least a Bachelors level degree in Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer or related majors.
- Academic performance: Minimum cumulative GPA 2.8/4.0
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated)
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week, full time (40 hours per week) summer internship
- Prior experience with either or both of the following technical skills:
- Optical Engineering principles and softwares, such as Zemax, FRED, LightTools
- Mechanical Engineering principles and softwares, such as Solidworks, CREO, or related
- Proficient with MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Matlab or MathCAD, a plus
- Statistics tools such as Minitab or related, a plus
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.