OSC is always glad to welcome visitors to the Meinel Optical Sciences Building, located at 1630 E. University Blvd. on the University of Arizona campus in Tucson.
Tucson Airport to OSC
- Exit from the airport on Tucson Boulevard. This is the only exit from the airport. When you exit the airport, you will be traveling north.
- Travel north on Tucson Boulevard, crossing Valencia, Drexel and Irvington Roads. Tucson Boulevard becomes Benson Highway at Irvington Road.
- Turn right at the next street following Irvington Road. The street is Kino Boulevard.
- Stay on Kino Boulevard for approximately two miles. You will cross 36th, Silverlake and 22nd Streets. Kino Boulevard becomes Campbell Avenue between 22nd Street and Broadway Boulevard.
- Continue driving north on Campbell Avenue. You will cross Broadway Boulevard and Sixth Street.
- Turn left at the next stop light following Sixth Street. The street is University Boulevard.
- The College of Optical Sciences is the tall red brick building and the copper-encased glass-front building on the southeast corner of Cherry and University.
From Interstate 10 to OSC
- From Phoenix:
Take I-10 East to the Speedway Boulevard exit.
- From South Tucson:
Take I-10 West to the Speedway Boulevard exit.
- Proceed east along Speedway Boulevard to Cherry Avenue.
- Turn right (south) at Cherry Avenue onto the University of Arizona campus.
- Proceed south to the intersection of Cherry Avenue and University Mall. University Mall is a divided street.
- Proceed through the two stop signs at University Mall.
- The College of Optical Sciences is the tall building on the southeast corner of Cherry and University. The end of the building closest to the Cherry/University intersection has a segmented glass front, and the sides and back are wrapped in dark copper.
OSC's Surrounding Area
The College of Optical Sciences Meinel Building occupies the southeast corner of Cherry Avenue and University Boulevard. We enourage you to explore the University of Arizona interactive campus map.
Parking on campus is limited and there is no free street or garage parking in or around the University of Arizona. Cars parked in residential neighborhoods near campus are subject to ticketing or towing. Street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods requires a ParkWise permit and is strictly enforced by the city of Tucson.
Many streets on campus feature metered parking spaces. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and use is limited to between two and four hours as stated on the meter.
For daily or hourly pay parking, we recommend the Cherry Avenue Garage, just south of the college's Meinel Building, and the Second Avenue Parking Garage, near the University of Arizona Student Union Memorial Center.
Visitor parking is available in the garages from 7 a.m. to midnight on a space-available basis. Parking is free on holidays and weekends, pending special event parking restrictions.