Research Professor of Optical Sciences
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
Specific Research Interests:
- Microscopic theory of nonlinear optics of semiconductor quantum well structures.
- Quantum mechanics of interacting electrons and/or excitons in the semiconductor.
- Electromagnetically induced transparency in quantum wells, Raman coherences, four-wave mixing in microcavities and optically induced polarization shift in quantum well Bragg structures.
- Conceptual issues such as the bosonic aspects of quantum well excitons.
- Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 1983
- B.A., Hamilton College, 1977