Chair of Quantum Information and Control
Professor of Optical Sciences
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
- Chair of Quantum Information and Control: The University of Arizona, College of Optical Sciences, 2011-present
- Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center/College of Optical Sciences, 2002-present
- Associate Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1998-2002
- Assistant Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1993-1998
- Postdoctoral Fellow: University of Maryland, 1993
- Guest Researcher: National Institute of Standards and Technology, 1990 and 1992
Awards and Honors
- The University of Arizona: College Award of Distinction for Graduate Teaching, 2008
- National Science Foundation: CAREER Award, 1995-1997
- American Physical Society: Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research in Atomic, Molecular or Optical Physics, Finalist, 1994
- Research and Development Magazine: R&D 100 Award, 1991
- OPTI 503
- OPTI 511L
- OPTI 543X
- OPTI 545
- OPTI 547X
- OPTI 640X
- OPTI 646
- OPTI 648X
Specific Research Interests
- Quantum state preparation, coherent control, quantum tunneling and transport phenomena in optical lattices.
- Quantum computation.
- Macroscopic superposition states and coherent evolution in dissipative quantum systems.
- Few-body quantum state preparation in optical lattices.
- Matter-wave equivalent of the laser-micromaser.
- Atom optics in nanofabrication.
- Laser cooling, trapping and manipulation of atoms and ions.
- Ph.D., The University of Aarhus (Denmark), 1993
- M.Sc., The University of Aarhus (Denmark), 1989
- B.Sc., The University of Aarhus (Denmark), 1987