Current OSC graduate students have compiled some suggestions for new classmates looking for places to live.
- Rent a house or guesthouse, and find a roommate or two to share expenses. The price per person for a two- or three-bedroom house is usually cheaper than a single room apartment or studio near the University. You will get more square footage, and it will be in a nicer neighborhood.
- Rent a place with air conditioning. Properties with A/C are usually in better condition and in better neighborhoods. The swamp-cooler-only properties are invariably in the undergrad zone, look run-down and have potentially bad neighbors.
- Use Craigslist to look for housing — and start early!
- The Off-Campus Student Housing Guide is updated weekly, and its listings include distance to campus.
- University Fremont at 321 N. Fremont Ave. comes recommended for graduate students.
- Capistrano Apartments at 2929 E. Sixth Street is about a mile from campus. Rent was reasonable and included utilities.
- Sierra Point is northwest of Grant and Tucson. One-bedroom apartments are about $650 per month and include cable and Internet. Most residents are graduate students and the neighborhood is nice.
- University Vista Apartments is a 10- to 15-minute walk from campus.
- Country Club
- University Arms
- La Aldea Graduate Residence Hall | The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
CURRENT HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES
- Opportunities for housing will be posted when available
- Find more opportunities in the Classified Ads for UA@Work