Eustace L. Dereniak
Eustace L. Dereniak
Professor Emeritus of Optical Sciences
Named Professor Emeritus June 2016
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor Emeritus:The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center/College of Optical Sciences, 2014
- Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center/College of Optical Sciences, 1991-2014
- Professor: The University of Arizona, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 1991-present
- Visiting Professor: United States Military Academy, Department of Physics, Fall of 2009
- Associate Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1983-1991
- Assistant Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1978-1983
- Research Associate: The University of Arizona, Department of Radiology, 1976-1978
- Graduate Research Assistant: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1973-1975
- Technical Staff: Ball Brothers Research Corp., 1972-1973
- Research Associate: University of Michigan, 1964-1965
- Associate Engineer: Raytheon, 1963-1964
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- The Optical Society (OSA): Adolph Lomb Medal Committee
- SPIE: Awards Committee
- SPIE: Conference on Imaging Spectrometry, Program Committee
- SPIE: Multiple Conference Committees, Chair
- SPIE: Short Courses on Imaging Spectrometry, Infrared Focal Plane Arrays and Imaging Polarimetry; Instructor
- University of Michigan: Short Courses on Imaging Spectrometry, Infrared Focal Plane Arrays and Imaging Polarimetry; Instructor
Awards and Honors
- SPIE: President's Award, 2015
- The University of Arizona: College of Optical Sciences, Alumnus of the Year, 2013
- OSA: Fellow
- OSA: Esther Hoffman Beller Medal, 2010
- Michigan Technological University: Award for Outstanding Alumni, 1999
- NASA: Certificate of Recognition, 2001
- SPIE: Fellow
- United States Department of the Army: Commander's Award for Public Service, 2009
- The University of Arizona: College of Optical Sciences, Award of Distinction for Undergraduate Teaching, 2006
Specific Research Interests
- Development of infrared-radiation detection.
- Infrared development of imaging spectrometer.
- Applied research in imaging spectrometers, primarily in the infrared.
- Hyperspectral imaging.
- Cryogenically cooled detector-electronics technology.
- CCD and CMOS devices.
- Investigation of infrared detectors using charge transfer concepts.
- Image processing of infrared sensors.
- Ph.D., The University of Arizona, 1976
- M.S., University of Michigan, 1965
- B.S., Michigan Technological University, 1963