Transfer Credits

Credit earned at regionally accredited colleges and universities is transferable.  Evaluation of transcripts from post-secondary institutions is a two-step process. First, the courses are evaluated with respect to the University of Arizona's policy on the acceptability of transfer credit. During this initial evaluation, University staff determines which courses are accepted and post these credits to your academic record in UAccess.  Students who do not see the transcripts posted, should make sure that the transcripts were sent to the University.

Students who earn the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) in any path will need to ensure the final community college transcript shows the AGEC Complete before sending the transcript to the University of Arizona. All General Education requirements are then complete for the B.S. in Optical Sciences & Engineering.

If your transfer courses are showing on your records but you are not receiving credit for a class on your Advisement Report, you will need to request a General Education review. Please send a review request via email to Please use your UArizona email account and include your name, student ID number, and current declared major.

Find course equivalencies throughout the state of Arizona here.

Incoming first-year students who have submitted official transcripts with dual enrollment course credits and/or IB or AP credits will find the coursework included in the Transfer Credit Report in their UAccess accounts. Transfer courses believed to be equivalent to UArizona courses can be evaluated using the Articulation process.

This process can also be used to gain pre-approval of courses to be taken in the future.

Courses to be considered for use in the OSE core curriculum or as a Technical Elective must have faculty approval. Email the undergraduate academic advisor requesting an evaluation that includes a syllabus of the course completed. If the course includes a lab, include a list of the experiments. If the course has not been transferred to the University of Arizona yet, please include an unofficial transcript showing the final grade of the course (for courses currently in progress, provide a screenshot of the current grade from the class site). Transcripts and screenshots must include the name of the student, the name of the institution, and the course information.