Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
Professor of Optical Sciences
Professor of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Specific Research Interests:
- Green chemistry approach to synthesize nanoparticles for waste-water treatment and carbon dioxide absorption.
- Synthesis methods that use nontoxic and inexpensive materials, such as egg white, aloe vera and lemon grass extract in producing zinc peroxide, magnetic nanoparticles of ferrites and various ceramics.
- Alternative production methods that are more environmentally friendly than the conventional ones.
- Nanoparticles that eliminate toxic chromium ion in waste-water and carbon dioxide absorption to reduce global warming.
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, 1990
- M.S., King Mongkut's University of Technology (Thailand), 1983
- B.S., Mahidol University (Thailand), 1980