Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
Professor of Optical Sciences
Professor of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
Specific Research Interests:
- Green chemistry approach to synthesize nanoparticles for waste-water treatment and carbon dioxide absorption.
- Synthesis methods that use nontoxic and inexpensive materials, such as egg white, aloe vera and lemon grass extract in producing zinc peroxide, magnetic nanoparticles of ferrites and various ceramics.
- Alternative production methods that are more environmentally friendly than the conventional ones.
- Nanoparticles that eliminate toxic chromium ion in waste-water and carbon dioxide absorption to reduce global warming.
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, 1990
- M.S., King Mongkut's University of Technology (Thailand), 1983
- B.S., Mahidol University (Thailand), 1980